- 10th generation InteI Core processors.
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen
- Lenovo digital pen to quickly write, click or drag files right on the screen
- The 13.3-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible.
- Use your Google account to easily access files,
- With up to 10 hours of battery life,
- 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and audio,
- reliable connection
lenovo chromebook flex 5 13 review
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by 10th generation InteI Core processors. The Lenovo Flex 5 offers intelligent performance features that adapt to you for a personalized, intuitive, and responsive experience
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write, click or drag files right on the screen
- The 13.3-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize distractions. Two user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the experience
- Use your Google account to easily access files, videos, music, and documents stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10 hours of battery life, you’ll stay productive
- Connect with the built-in webcam, 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and an audio jack. It also has the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 a fast, reliable connection
Lenovo Chromebook flex 5 13 review
We were quite excited about this device (Lenovo Flex 5 13″ Chromebook). Everything seemed ‘just right for us. From what I can tell (and I’m not a techie), this is a good quality, sharp device. I also like that it would have the full 7-year auto-update service from Google (as it’s a new model Chromebook).
Some other brand-new (but older model) Chromebooks only had 1-2 yrs left on the auto-updates. Something to consider when shopping around!
We deliberately ordered this item from the Canadian amazon site, thinking it’d be covered by Lenovo Canada. We also had the intention of purchasing the extended warranty from Lenovo Canada. Unfortunately, this item was shipped from the US and is only serviced in the US: “This machine has a 1yr limited warranty with Mail-in Service in the USA only.
If you’re in Canada and want the machine to be serviced, the machine’s warranty claim won’t be covered in that country. You will have to send it to the USA with shipping arranged for and paid for by you. In addition, this machine does not have the International Warranty Service (IWS). Chx_Lenovo”
Do NOT buy the Active Pen stylus
The Chromebook seems to be a good purchase so far. My daughter is happy to use it for summer camp video conferences,
it is able to handle the light load we have put on the browser so far. I like the design. That said, I bought it hoping my daughter could use it as a sketchpad, as the promotional materials indicated it worked with a stylus. Further,
Amazon was promoting a particular stylus that you could purchase with the Chromebook. DO NOT BUY the Lenovo Active Pen, as that stylus is actually meant to pair with the Flex 5 laptop (windows based), NOT the Chromebook. It will not work.
I bought an expensive Active Pen stylus then spent about 2 hours with Lenovo customer service before sorting that out.
The service rep suggested that I try “taking the Chromebook to a local shop and see if I can find a stylus that will work.” From what I can gather, it appears that the Chromebook is meant to pair with a USI stylus, and those aren’t commonly available yet.